

The latest Nathanisms... and one of the few Hannahisms...
Nathan: Rock, rock, rock your boat. Gently down the stream.
Nathan: Mr. Drew doesn't like it when I keep peeting what John said.
Me: You were repeating what he said?
Nathan: No, Mom, I coffeed him.
At the library today while Hannah was running away from us, Nathan turns and yells: "Come on Sweet Pea, let's move!"
Nathan: Ouch, you scratched me with your earring.
Me: No, that is my wedding ring. I have it because I am married to Daddy.
Nathan: You didn't get married.
Me: Yes I did.
Nathan: Not today.
Me: First we got married, then we had a baby Nathan and then we had a baby Hannah.
Nathan: Then we got Daddy.
Me: What do you want for dinner, grilled cheese? (Fingers crossed since he never wants a grilled cheese)
Nathan: No thanks. Bisketti, maca oni, vegetables and super bread please.
While watching American Idol...
Nathan: I see Ryan. Why does he always wear that shirt?
Nathan: Wet's see what Simon says...Simon says, eat your cheese. Ha, ha, ha! That was funny.
While driving to the library today...
Nathan: Mommy let's count on the way to the library.
Me: Okay, one, two, three...
Nathan: No, Mommy, like this (mimicking The Count from Sesame Street) One, Two, Three, Four, Five. Five Trees. Ha, ha, ha!
Hannah: Hot, hot, hot! (Happy someone is saying one of her catch phrases at last)
In a McDonald's bathroom: (After going peepee and accidentally splashing on his pants, he was not feeling very happy about that and the fact that we had no fresh pants to put on.)
Nathan: I have to go poopoo too.
Me: Okay, go ahead.
Nathan: (Very concerned) Oh no, I think it is diarrhea! Oh, this is the worst time at McDonald's bathroom ever!
Yesterday I dressed Nathan in his only pair of overalls because I love them and I wanted to try and get another wearing out of them. After we had left the house, he suddenly started pulling at them...
Me: What are you doing?
Nathan: I want to take these off.
Me: Well, you can't because they hold your pants up and they are going to fall off.
Nathan: If I had a red shirt and a hat and a big fork, I could be like a farmer.
Me: You are not like a farmer. You look very nice.
Nathan: No, I want jeans. I don't want to be a farmer.
Me: Thanks a lot Old McDonald.
(We did go home and change before our next event. My son is already too cool for overalls! Boo hoo!)
Yesterday we ate popcorn the way Cookie Monster eats and made a HUGE mess. It was a lot of fun until they tried to carry it over to dinner time, but our table manners are lacking anyway... Today Hannah ate lunch while standing in the middle of the kitchen table. Currently, the boys are eating dinner and Hannah is standing naked in between their chairs begging. (She and I already ate grilled cheese).
They definitely keep things lively around here!
**Small addendum**
While watching American Idol...
Nathan: Simon always rips the people's songs.
(We never figured out what he was trying to say, but we laughed that the phrase was so appropriate).
After we checked out a box 'o Dora books at the library...
Nathan: Those are just like the ones Gracie has. (Pause, hands on hips, head cocked to one side)
You remember, my friend Gracie, the one from Texas, right?
3 comments:
My faves are the potty story in McD's & the overalls! Ha! Ha!
I personally think Nathan is right. Although overalls are cute, I think they hit their peak at 2 years old. Fashion 101 from Nay-Nay!
So funny!!!
P.S. Keep trying to get in the conversation, Miss Mess. Eventually, if you're like Camryn, you'll learn to shout over your big bro.
Okay, Okay the overalls size 2T are now put away. Boo hoo.
Post a Comment