We waste a lot of time in our house looking for remote controls. One has been missing since December and even though we have cleaned and put away tons of things, we still haven't found it. Nathan knows how to use to remote for the DVRs and has no concept of television that we can't pause, fast-forward or rewind. Hannah is quickly learning the same thing.
Lately I've been feeling like someone has our life's remote control and has left the fast forward button on indefinitely. Sarah Elizabeth is 6 weeks old today and I can't believe how fast those 6 weeks have flown by. There is no other explanation, but someone is fast forwarding our lives! She had her 2 month check up early because we aren't sure how our insurance will work once Daddy is gone and he is leaving in 2 weeks and 1 day. Sarah checked out great. She weighs 10 pounds and 3 ounces and is 21 1/2 inches long. She had to get her shots early and it was so hard for all of us to see her cry. That never gets any easier. It was especially hard for her big brother. She is blissfully sleeping the afternoon away now.
Nathan and Hannah also had physicals this week. We had to have everyone checked out before leaving the country. Nathan is 4 1/2 now and weighs 33 pounds. He is 40 inches tall. He wrote his name and drew a picture for the nurse practitioner and 6 months ago he would do neither. He had lots to say about his favorite things and of course one of them is his Game Boy. He keeps me laughing with his comments. For example when I told him I loved him "infinity", he quickly retorted, "And beyond?" His memory amazes me. He is constantly sounding out words and has learned to read "No", "Sit", "C3PO", and "R2D2". He is reading letters everywhere we go and trying to sound out words. He is working very hard to help me get the house ready for potential showings every day. He made both his and Hannah's beds this morning so that I would only have to make one bed. He's very helpful with both of his sisters, though helping Hannah isn't easy for anyone these days.
Hannah is 27 months old now. She weighed in at 26 pounds and was 34 1/4 inches tall. She is becoming more and more clear in her speech every day. She tells us she has to go to Belgium and she'll be right back. Hannah is very independent and does not like the word no. She also drew pictures for the nurse practitioner. She wants to do everything Nathan does. She also wants whatever he has and will take it without asking. If he takes it back, she hits or scratches him. We are working with her on anger management. She is very apologetic once she gets over her anger and she often calls out, "I love you too, Nathan", randomly throughout the day. She loves Monsters Inc and requests to watch it hourly. She laughs through the whole movie and especially loves when the characters scream. She also enjoys telling us knock knock jokes. Her version is "Knock, knock" (doesn't wait for answer) "Banana". Other times she'll wait for a "Who's there?" and answers "Orange".
My babies are growing up so fast and I feel like I can't keep up with them. I am trying to soak it all up and enjoy every moment, but sometimes the moments fly by before I get a chance to enjoy them. I wish whoever has the remote would press the pause button or at least stop fast forwarding!
Lately I've been feeling like someone has our life's remote control and has left the fast forward button on indefinitely. Sarah Elizabeth is 6 weeks old today and I can't believe how fast those 6 weeks have flown by. There is no other explanation, but someone is fast forwarding our lives! She had her 2 month check up early because we aren't sure how our insurance will work once Daddy is gone and he is leaving in 2 weeks and 1 day. Sarah checked out great. She weighs 10 pounds and 3 ounces and is 21 1/2 inches long. She had to get her shots early and it was so hard for all of us to see her cry. That never gets any easier. It was especially hard for her big brother. She is blissfully sleeping the afternoon away now.
Nathan and Hannah also had physicals this week. We had to have everyone checked out before leaving the country. Nathan is 4 1/2 now and weighs 33 pounds. He is 40 inches tall. He wrote his name and drew a picture for the nurse practitioner and 6 months ago he would do neither. He had lots to say about his favorite things and of course one of them is his Game Boy. He keeps me laughing with his comments. For example when I told him I loved him "infinity", he quickly retorted, "And beyond?" His memory amazes me. He is constantly sounding out words and has learned to read "No", "Sit", "C3PO", and "R2D2". He is reading letters everywhere we go and trying to sound out words. He is working very hard to help me get the house ready for potential showings every day. He made both his and Hannah's beds this morning so that I would only have to make one bed. He's very helpful with both of his sisters, though helping Hannah isn't easy for anyone these days.
Hannah is 27 months old now. She weighed in at 26 pounds and was 34 1/4 inches tall. She is becoming more and more clear in her speech every day. She tells us she has to go to Belgium and she'll be right back. Hannah is very independent and does not like the word no. She also drew pictures for the nurse practitioner. She wants to do everything Nathan does. She also wants whatever he has and will take it without asking. If he takes it back, she hits or scratches him. We are working with her on anger management. She is very apologetic once she gets over her anger and she often calls out, "I love you too, Nathan", randomly throughout the day. She loves Monsters Inc and requests to watch it hourly. She laughs through the whole movie and especially loves when the characters scream. She also enjoys telling us knock knock jokes. Her version is "Knock, knock" (doesn't wait for answer) "Banana". Other times she'll wait for a "Who's there?" and answers "Orange".
My babies are growing up so fast and I feel like I can't keep up with them. I am trying to soak it all up and enjoy every moment, but sometimes the moments fly by before I get a chance to enjoy them. I wish whoever has the remote would press the pause button or at least stop fast forwarding!
3 comments:
Tony & I were just standing in Garrett's door-way watching him sleep the other night. We no longer have a little boy on our hands...he's growing so much every, single day.
Don't even get me started on Camryn. This week she gave up her binkies (with a little "help"...she actually gave them to baby Addison) and is now in a big-girl bed. It was bitter sweet to take the crib down but we decided to save it for our grandchildren (who will be here before we know it).
Post a Comment