Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Une Promenade en Parc

















The last two days we have gone out to some parks in the city. The kids played for a while and then we took a leisurely walk through the city back to the apartment doing a little sight seeing and window shopping. Thankfully Daddy thought to give us the GPS (which I think really stands for God Provides Sanity) and we somehow wound our way through the busy streets of Brussels back to the apartment. People are amazingly courteous to pedestrians in the city which makes traveling the sidewalks fairly easy even with three small children.



Before we left Michigan, I had tons of comments made to me about how "brave" I was to be out on my own with three little ones. Apparently, that thought is universal. The last two days, I have heard more times than I can count, "Trois bebes?" One woman pulled me aside and even though she was speaking French, I was able to understand and communicate with her with my limited French and hand signals. She asked if Nathan and Hannah were twins. (I get that question a lot when they are side by side in the stroller). I told her that there were two years between them and that he is four and she is two. Then she said, "Vous ĂȘtes courageux, Madame!" As I did in Michigan, I just smiled and said thanks.






No comments:

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet