This week we took Sarah for her height and weight check at the clinic. She weighs 7.570 kilos (16 pounds 11ounces) and is 65 cm long (25.6 inches). She is getting a 5th tooth (one of the two front ones, thank you very much!) and has a cold, but still manages to be a happy smiley girl. She learned to hold and drink from her sippy cup by herself this week. She also giggled tonight when I was cutting her toenails---ticklish? It was the sweetest sound. I love to watch her laugh with her brother and sister. Today Hannah entertained her by pulling the vacuum cord out and pushing the button to make the cord retract. Sarah thought that was hilarious.
Hannah has been such a tremendous help to me. She loves to feed Sarah and is very good at it. Though we did have to throw out the rug under the kitchen table, we probably shouldn't have had one in the first place.
Nathan is thriving in kindergarten. He is so excited about his first soccer practice this Saturday. He is most excited that his Daddy has offered to help coach because they need more volunteers.
He requested apple slices in his lunch on Wednesday and I told him that by lunch time they would look a little bit different. When he unpacked his leftovers that night, he said, "Mom, you were right. By lunch time my apples had expired".
I asked Nathan if he would like to take piano lessons after school as two of his friends are signed up per their moms. Nathan said, "Um, I don't really play the piano".
Nathan's friend has lost his teeth this week and now Nathan keeps talking about losing his. I thought it was sweet that he wanted to reach that important milestone until he said, "I really want some money!"
Tonight Nathan and Hannah each worked on some drawings together. They did fight a little over some stickers, but the two of them worked side by side on their drawings and then each put them up on the fridge for Daddy to see when he gets home (he'll be home late tonight). Nathan asked me how to write "Dear Daddy, This Is Your Picture". He didn't quite get it finished before he rushed down to hang it on the fridge, but he even wanted to include the comma that he just learned about this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment