Monday, April 07, 2008

Hey Daddy, Watch This!

Daddy's on his way to Hong Kong tonight. Just before he left, he was able to catch Sarah's new trick. It has been sporadic at best and never on demand, but today she must have had the urge to perform. She even continued while I ran around like a crazy woman finding new batteries for our old camera (Daddy has the new video camera with him on his trip). I just couldn't let Daddy miss this!

When Nathan was about 5 weeks old, I took him to Nana and Papa's house in FS. It was the first time Daddy had been away from him for more than a work day and when we called one evening, I held the phone up to Baby Nathan's little ear so Daddy could "talk" to him. For whatever reason, Baby Nathan had chosen that afternoon to start babbling and he actually did "talk" for Daddy, a little bit. Thinking I was being a helpful and good wife I carefully described every detail about how much more he was "talking" before the phone call, when I noticed Daddy was being incredibly quiet. When I asked what was wrong, he almost whined, "I'm missing everything!"

We've come a looooooong way since then. A little over a year ago when Sarah was not quite two months old, Daddy left the country, for 3 weeks! Of course he missed her. Of course he missed all of us, but things change with subsequent children. But lately I notice that when he points out a cute comment made by Nathan or Hannah or sees Sarah performing one of her new tricks, I can't share as much in the excitement because I've usually seen it one or two (or one thousand--just kidding) times. I feel bad about that. Since we don't have the camera with the sound on it (I'm actually kinda glad that no one can hear me yelling at Nathan to get out of the way, but subsequent children shouldn't have to share everything!), you can't hear the excitement her little performance created, but believe me there was a lot!



So this is for Daddy. It is a little long (once again), but she was on a roll. After she got tired of performing the very complicated unassisted stand, she decided to crawl to her favorite spot between the cart and the oven. She loves that spot. She goes there to say "hi" to the baby she sees in the oven and also for privacy, if you know what I mean. However, since she had already had her private moment today and since her face wasn't bright red in concentration I kept the camera rolling. She is pretty good at keeping her spot private as you can see by the way she stiff arms her big brother. "Get outta my spot, Boy!"




4 comments:

Katie said...

Go Sarah GO! That is precious. It reminded me of how flexible kids are. Last summer I would find Nora asleep sitting in her crib with her head resting on her feet. Anyway, it doesn't look like it will be long before Sarah will be running!

The Lenz Family said...

Way to go, Sarah!! I do love the stiff arm she gives Nathan.

I hope Joey has a good trip. Tell everyone we said hi!

Kellee said...

So cute!! I'm smiling from ear to ear! Thanks...I needed that.

And as much as I loved bee-bopping to Bananarama, I would have loved even more to have heard the exchange between Sarah & Nay-Nay during the strong-arm sequence.

Love it!

The Boos from Booville said...

She is so beautiful! What a ham!

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet