So it just kept getting worse. I called this morning and the pediatrician wrote a prescription for an antibiotic and said we could come get it straightaway. When he saw Nathan he agreed, it was the thing to do. So I should feel much better, right? Not so much.
Before I went to get the prescription, I had to take the kids to the bank. We are still working out issues from our wallets being stolen and I needed to pick up our new cards. Apparently there is a problem with one of our new cards. I will have to wait until I get a phone call and then go back and pick it up. Not that big of a deal. In fact, I have grown so accustomed to things like this that I don't even really think about it anymore. I almost expect there to be some sort of problem that makes things go more slowly. It isn't all that much fun to drag 3 kids all the way back to the bank, find parking and then walk in the rain, but such is life here. While we were in the bank, an elderly woman stumbled into me. I hate to admit it, but I did have a moment of panic when she first bumped me and began checking for my things. I mean I was standing there with my wallet out and trying to watch the kids out of the corner of my eye, trying to think in French...I guess with our recent experience, I am not feeling exactly trusting. The woman was muttering to herself and she stood there wobbling for a few minutes before she really fell onto the floor (hard). It scared all 3 kids and Sarah started crying. I feel really bad that I wasn't able to catch her. The worst part is the reaction of the people in the bank. No one really asked her if she was okay. People did come over to her and I tried to help get her a chair, but it was just a very, very strange reaction. Almost like one of annoyance rather than concern. The woman helping me had this strange hand signal thing going on with a co-worker. I don't know exactly what was going on, but it was strange and I just wanted to get out of there. She left before we did without so much as a word from anyone in the bank. I mean I was very, very concerned that she would fall again and no one else seemed to be asking after her. I still feel very uneasy about the whole thing.
So we left. We were on our way to get our prescription filled, or so we thought. Three pharmacies later, we still don't have it. The first one was closed, the second was closing and the third did not have it, but could order it by 6:30 PM. At this point I gave up with speaking French. I decided not to bother trying to find another one that might be open and might have it. I let them keep the prescription and order it. I am mentally exhausted. My brain hurts from trying to think in French and coming up way short understanding most of what was said today.
So now all we can do is wait until 6:30. Nathan feels better when lying down with his swollen eye closed so I am going to read him some books now while Sarah's napping and Hannah is playing princess game. These are the days I miss the convenience I have always taken for granted. I would have had a prescription called in to the pharmacy (that was open! and had the medication!) before I even left my house to pick it up, through the drive thru! My little guy would be several hours closer to feeling better. Enough daydreaming about that...off to read Bearenstain Bears.
Before I went to get the prescription, I had to take the kids to the bank. We are still working out issues from our wallets being stolen and I needed to pick up our new cards. Apparently there is a problem with one of our new cards. I will have to wait until I get a phone call and then go back and pick it up. Not that big of a deal. In fact, I have grown so accustomed to things like this that I don't even really think about it anymore. I almost expect there to be some sort of problem that makes things go more slowly. It isn't all that much fun to drag 3 kids all the way back to the bank, find parking and then walk in the rain, but such is life here. While we were in the bank, an elderly woman stumbled into me. I hate to admit it, but I did have a moment of panic when she first bumped me and began checking for my things. I mean I was standing there with my wallet out and trying to watch the kids out of the corner of my eye, trying to think in French...I guess with our recent experience, I am not feeling exactly trusting. The woman was muttering to herself and she stood there wobbling for a few minutes before she really fell onto the floor (hard). It scared all 3 kids and Sarah started crying. I feel really bad that I wasn't able to catch her. The worst part is the reaction of the people in the bank. No one really asked her if she was okay. People did come over to her and I tried to help get her a chair, but it was just a very, very strange reaction. Almost like one of annoyance rather than concern. The woman helping me had this strange hand signal thing going on with a co-worker. I don't know exactly what was going on, but it was strange and I just wanted to get out of there. She left before we did without so much as a word from anyone in the bank. I mean I was very, very concerned that she would fall again and no one else seemed to be asking after her. I still feel very uneasy about the whole thing.
So we left. We were on our way to get our prescription filled, or so we thought. Three pharmacies later, we still don't have it. The first one was closed, the second was closing and the third did not have it, but could order it by 6:30 PM. At this point I gave up with speaking French. I decided not to bother trying to find another one that might be open and might have it. I let them keep the prescription and order it. I am mentally exhausted. My brain hurts from trying to think in French and coming up way short understanding most of what was said today.
So now all we can do is wait until 6:30. Nathan feels better when lying down with his swollen eye closed so I am going to read him some books now while Sarah's napping and Hannah is playing princess game. These are the days I miss the convenience I have always taken for granted. I would have had a prescription called in to the pharmacy (that was open! and had the medication!) before I even left my house to pick it up, through the drive thru! My little guy would be several hours closer to feeling better. Enough daydreaming about that...off to read Bearenstain Bears.
3 comments:
Poor Guy...hope things get better and that you finally get the meds. Love ya!
Oh no! I'm sorry about N's eye! I hope he gets the meds he needs to feel better!
Poor Nathan! I hope his eye improves. I am sorry for all the frustrations you have had to endure.
I am really sorry to hear about your wallets. I felt so violated after we were robbed...to some extent, still do. I hope all goes well with replacing all your items.
Post a Comment