Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sick of Me Yet?




Yes, I'm back again...Dealing with a bit of insomnia lately and this seems to be my therapy. Daddy made it home today along with a bad case of jet lag. He's asleep with the little people, but who can blame him? He came home to an exhausted family. Why is it that on Friday morning, when we had to be at the hospital by 9:30, I had to wake up all 3 kids in a frenzy at 8:35 (alarm didn't go off) and rush through getting dressed, apples and bananas to go for breakfast---along with little bottles of Fanta for the big kids because it was all we had in a to go form--all the while listening to whining and crying about how they were tired and didn't want to go, BUT today, Saturday when we had no place to go, they were all up at 7:30????? Sarah was actually up at 5:30, but she had the courtesy to go back to sleep with me for 2 hours. This (along with staying up way too late last night--just couldn't sleep?) caused Mommy to wake up on the wrong side of the bed. I tried to get over it and think happy thoughts, but it was raining and we had to go to the pharmacy again. We are almost out of milk and bread again and I have been to the supermarket twice this past week. In my head, I had Daddy's flight arriving at 8 AM, but it really didn't arrive until 1 PM. Nothing was going as planned. I went bananas over the mess the kids made this morning while I was making breakfast. I just couldn't get it together today.


Then miss Sawah Dawah went down for her nap and the big kids were fairly quietly watching a movie and Daddy came home with a large and almost embarrassing supply of American food. Literally, minutes later, the sun came out. The kids were giddy with excitement and I felt myself unwinding just a little bit. After a little begging from the kids on top of the fact that neither of us wanted to cook, we went to Pizza Hut for dinner. The Pizza Hut here is always incredibly crowded and we can never get out of there (or any restaurant here for that matter) in less than an hour. Tonight it was an hour and a half. We let the kids drink "regular coke" there and they actually have self serve free refills--a rarity here--so after Daddy finished his first glass and went back for his refill, the ever observant Miss Hannah sucked her glass dry and plopped it down announcing she had finished and wanted some more. I told her she would need to wait a minute, but not very convincingly--I was tired and it wasn't worth a big battle to me. Daddy came back and she made the same announcement to him. A look from Daddy and her announcement changed to a sweet request, "May you please get me some more, Daddy?" Daddy said, "You need to take a break and wait until your food comes, okay?"


Without missing a beat she said, "Oh, did your food come already Daddy?"


Point made, point taken. Oh boy, are we in trouble.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Never sick of you. Always glad to read a post.

I leave for San Diego by myself tom evening until Friday. I am very nervous to leave Julia but am very excited to go to this conference that my school district is paying for everything. That never happens so I had to take advantage.

The Lenz Family said...

Touche, Hannah, touche!! She's such a smart girl. Yes, you guys are in trouble.

Glad Joey is home with you guys and that Nathan is doing better.

And never sick of your posts. I have been coming to your blog daily to try to read about Nathan so thanks for the updates!

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet