That The Smurfs are Belgian? I had no idea until we moved here. Our local supermarket has been having a promotion this summer giving out Smurf (Les Schtroumpfs) stickers. Because all summer if I was at the supermarket, I had 3 kids along with me, I wasn't able to really pay much attention to the promotion, but Nathan learned from a classmate that the store also sells sticker albums and the stickers are meant to be placed in the book (he has collected the stickers and kept them in a safe place until now). There may be more to it, but my primary goal when at the supermarket is to get what I need and keep my children in line so that we don't offend anyone or embarrass ourselves, so I don't know. (Summer or not, there is rarely anyone at this particular supermarket with more than one child and we get a lot of stares even when on our best behavior. I'm getting used to it, but it has always been hugely stressful for me to have all 3 of them with me there. That, however, is a whole other post...)
Now that the promotion is ending, (and I only had 1 child with me today--feeling more like a Belgian) I found the sticker albums and bought 2 because I knew better than to buy 1. Not exactly on our grocery list, but I was feeling nostalgic. I loved the Smurfs on Saturday mornings. I had no idea they would ever be my neighbors.
Now don't hate me if all day if you are humming, "Laaa Laaa la la laaa laa. Laaa la la laaa laa."
(Excuse my half naked children, we had tomato soup for dinner tonight and we generally go at least topless around here while eating anything red and drippy.)
No comments:
Post a Comment