Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cinnamon O' Lantern








Last weekend was a series of firsts for the TSEs. We held our first Parents' Night Out at our church on Friday night. There were meltdowns, there were DVDs that wouldn't work, there were not enough snacks....BUT some parents did get a night out and the kids did get to enjoy each other's company for a few hours on a Friday night. Will there be another? Not sure yet.




A co-worker of Daddy's sent home a bag of baking apples so we baked. Our first apple pie (including crust) and our first apple cake.




Finally, we carved our first Jack O'Lantern. Hannah insisted "Jack" was a girl and her name was Synonym (Cinnamon). After we lit his, I mean her, candle, Hannah sang "Happy Birthday Dear Pumpkin" over and over while dancing and clapping. Possibly a new family tradition? (It has taken me this long to convince our Daddy that carving a pumpkin is fun. He does not like pumpkin anything...I, on the other hand, love all things pumpkin. Boy do I miss bagels with pumpkin cream cheese!)




We enjoyed a beautiful and busy weekend and are the midst of busy (and less beautiful with rain today) week. We are looking forward to nice fall break with nothing much to do. Oh yeah, one last piece of news we received over the weekend....Daddy's travel schedule has been significantly decreased as a part of cutbacks. We're so happy! Just coming out of the shock actually, but happy! A friend suggested we have a Daddy Orientation Day to reorient him back to our daily lives, but I think more a Mommy Relenting Control Day is in order. Keep us in your prayers as we figure this out!

6 comments:

Kat said...

How about a spa day for mommy!!

Things back in the US are scary right now for cut backs. Banking industry is not looking good:) What you going to do but ride it out.

the three amigos said...

I love everything pumpkin too!

The Lenz Family said...

Too cute! I love the way Hannah talks.

I am glad to hear that Joey won't be away as much! Sucks about the reason why, but I am sure you and the kids will take it anyway you can get it!

Katie said...

we are on the same challenging rode. ryan's broken back has allowed him to be back in our daily lives this autumn. and while wonderful, it has taken a good couple of weeks to... reacquaint him to the dailiness of it all.

love hannah's traditions!!! and pictures always!

niccitse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
niccitse said...

It seems International travel is what has been decreased so for the next three weeks we won't really see a difference, but we are still working on this balancing act. Isn't that just life?

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet