Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Now Where Was I?







I keep meaning to post about something, but the days are booked and busy and this week my nights include my husband so in celebration of that, our blog is the lonely one. I still am not sure where the time is going. How is it October already? We are BUSY, but GOOD. Everyone is healthy with the exception of the 20 month old runny nose, I mean, sweet little girl we live with. Though her sister and brother are the ones with the many activities, SHE has suddenly discovered that toddlers are supposed to be into everything and that they should also break about 75% of what they get into. I had a good run, but my time is up. I'm no longer going to be able to sit around idly while my youngest takes care of herself. (To those who can't sense the sarcasm, I have some not so nice words for you, but I won't print them here...). Seriously though, my busyness has hit an all new level. She needs to be with me at all times "helping" otherwise, I don't know what I might find when I get back. I know, I had a good run.


She did have a very good 4th morning at school yesterday. To quote her teacher, "She is very nice this day!"


The big brother is loving school and has not had anymore brushes with the law. We went a little overboard on activities considering he had nothing but soccer at this time last year, but he seems to be handling it well. The dilemma we've found is that if it is too much, we're kind of stuck as his parents are also wearing the hats of soccer coach/commissioner and Tiger Cub Scout Den Leader. Interesting how that happens...


The big/little sister is less enthusiastic than her brother about school, but soooo pumped about ballet. We were allowed in on Monday to see the "ballerina bow" at the end of class. School was a lot more appealing yesterday when the entire PreK took a bus to downtown Brussels to visit an art museum. So exciting. She had lots to tell us about sculptures and mobiles. After school, she was explaining how a mobile is made to her big brother, who was very sweet in asking about her day. Soccer is not exactly thrilling her at the moment either. In hindsight, we could have left that hour and half on Saturdays off of the calendar, but see the dilemma above...


It has been so nice to have Daddy home, but unfortunately it is short lived. He leaves tomorrow and comes back Friday and then leaves again for the week on Sunday. Well, my time is up here. I need to go and get Hannah and then we girls do lunch and play Barbies while little Miss Mischief naps. Then we get the big brother and help the Tiger scouts earn their Bobcat badges, home for dinner, homework, baths and bed....then we start all over again tomorrow! How do we do it? I have no idea!


(Pictures from our chaotic weekend...Saturday included 4 hours of soccer and 2 hours of Cub Scouts...The parents tried to stay up to watch Texas play and both fell asleep before half time--it was 11:30 PM by then--, but Sarah was wearing her burnt orange all day...Sunday included church, teaching preschool Sunday School, and splitting up right after church for a meeting and a birthday party...finally on Sunday afternoon we all managed to hang out and relax in the sunshine).

2 comments:

The Boos from Booville said...

Congrats on trying to watch the game! I love Sarah's outfit. Post more pictures of your ballerina!

Kat said...

I love the new background!!! I need to look into those.

I can't believe how big Sarah is getting all the sudden. Those are the exact words that graham and I said about Julia last night.

Miss you!

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet