While I was making lunch for the girls, organizing some laundry and putting together dinner for us and another family, Hannah looked over at me from the table and said, "Mommy, Cinderella has to work harder than you".
Me: "Really?"
Hannah: "Yes, she has to dance around all day and she does all of the dishes and the laundry and takes care of all of those mice. The step-mothers don't even help her because they are very mean and make her do everything. Plus she does it all by herself because she doesn't have a daddy to help her like you do".
How can one argue with that logic?
(I must add that as the conversation continued a few minutes and we pondered how difficult Cinderella's life must be, Hannah did point out that Cinderella does have a fairy godmother, and unfortunately, I do not. A winner (loser?) never was determined, however. I am just honored that my daughter at least considers me in the running with Cinderella for hardest life. She never once mentioned the other princesses who, comparatively, have it pretty easy...if you don't take into consideration running from the evil villains).
1 comment:
Wow that was a deep conversation for a four year old!! Julia is finally really starting to talk. I just love to hear what they have to say. Brightens your day!
Post a Comment