Lately I'm feeling kind of "blahgish"...
I realize over a month has passed since the end of our trip including a visit to Stonehenge and Woburn Safari Park. I still would like to post some pictures and memories. I don't want to forget that while we were driving in the safari park the kids drew a picture of a banana and taped it to the back window of our van to entice a monkey to jump on top of our car. (One did and it almost missed and landed on Daddy's window. Daddy might have screamed therefore terrifying our youngest child). Our friends (who have now officially left us, boo hoo) have been to the safari park several times and we are so glad we were finally able to visit. It really is a great place to visit. The kids loved it and it was pretty amazing to see those animals so close. I don't have time to give it justice in this post...
Last week was a blur. Daddy was in town, but working a very hectic schedule and we hardly spoke or saw each other at all. After a week of feeling not too great, this week feels like a breath of fresh air. Yesterday I ran without any pain for the first time since the Paris Half in March. I have been threatening to retire before the Brussels 20K coming up in 2 weeks. It feels like my body has been rebelling. I definitely have not kept up with training like Daddy has. I'm thinking he'll need to leave me behind this time.
Our calendars are filled with way too many "goodbye" parties and many families are getting ready to go back home to begin the US summer. Our kids still have 5 or so weeks of school left. This week is a three day work/school week for the Ascension holiday. Tonight Nathan graduates from Tiger Cubs to Wolves. (I guess that means I am graduating from Tiger Cub Den leader to Wolf Den leader...oh, the stress and responsibility...one day I'll have to post about my adventures in Cub Scouting).
The kids are doing so great. I'm having trouble focusing right now as our very chatty two-year-old has spent the entire afternoon anticipating pick up time for her older brother and sister and she is constantly asking me one thing or another about going to get Nathan and Hannah...naps are so, so rare these days. The anticipation pretty much begins from the moment we drop them off. She misses them, but as soon as they are all home, I instantly become a referee. There aren't enough hours in the day and right now the sun is up before 6 AM (I know because I was up that early on Friday getting ready for a Polish pottery shopping trip) and we still have sun until around 10 PM. I still find myself running on the treadmill of life and wondering what in the world was accomplished.
Lucky for Sarah, it is pick up time...gotta run.
(The pictures are of the girls' face paintings on Family Day at school last Sunday. A first for both).
No comments:
Post a Comment