Last week I actually found some strawberries at the supermarket and since I was bringing the snack for Hannah's class Canaval party, I bought several packages of them. I ended up only using a few of them for the party snacks and watched my kids eat almost 3 packages of strawberries in less than two days.
On Monday I was shopping in a different supermarket and this one had only one small package of strawberries. I remember looking at the packaging and rolling my eyes a little, but Valentine's Day had just passed and compared to the billboards posted about every 2 blocks around our house (one with money hanging out of the back of a woman's bikini bottoms and another sort of low budget Baywatch-esque) this package was pretty tame so I just grabbed it and forgot about it.
I've been giving them to the kids as part of their meals for the past week and tonight I was feeling a little bit more lazy than normal so I just put the container on the table rather than cutting them up and putting them onto their plates.
Of course they were gone in minutes. I didn't realize I had left the lid on the table until I saw Hannah inspecting it carefully.
"Oooh, Mom, look at what those guys are doing!"
"They really should not be doing that. That one is eating the stem part that you're not supposed to eat!"
I stifled a smile and disposed of the trashy fruit container. In case anyone is wondering, this container is not reclycable.
2 comments:
Yes, you threw away the 'trashy' container...but not before getting a picture of it!! LOL Perfect.
Only a picture could do it justice. There are so many things I wish I could take a picture of, but just don't have the camera at the right time. My favorite missed photo ops usually happen while watching Belgians go to Brico and figure out how to get their home improvement projects home in a Smart car or convertable. Seriously some of the most humorous moments ever!
Post a Comment