Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Quickly

I don't know where the time has been going, but it is going.  Our trip back to Texas is quickly approaching.  We spent last weekend in Indianapolis (pronounced India Nopolis by our son and St. Monopolis by our daughter--I think both of those names bring to mind a much more mythical image than the beautiful farm country of Indiana--I love the beautiful red barns and quaint little farms we passed on our drive so much--I would love to have one, but seeing how I don't even have a garden, probably not in my future).  We weren't there to see Indianapolis so we didn't bother correcting pronunciations.  We went to see friends and that we did.  It was a whirlwind visit, but it felt like we just stepped right back in where we left off.  They have amazingly hospitable family and we were able to just sit and talk and catch up.  The dads caught up in between pool games and flag football games with the kids.  I waited to take pictures until we had all been in the sun and pool for the better part of 8 hours.  Our girls were not the least bit interested in picture taking and Nathan's eyes were red and puffy from hours of pool and sun.  We had the best time even with a 7:30 AM departure to make it back in time for Daddy's first double header softball with the church team.  (I was somehow persuaded to sign up as an alternate and hoping that it is okay to ask the team to pray that I never have to be alternatively used as a softball player--things like sprained ankles, needing a glove, actually hitting a ball moving in the air, didn't really occur to me as I signed up hearing only the words, "We need more women"--if being a woman was the only requirement, I figured I qualified.  Now I'm scared).
This week Nathan's friend Sam is here for a visit.  I'm having to update quickly while they are all occupied because today will require that I work hard entertaining the girls to give their brother and his friend plenty of time to enjoy each other without girl interference.  We have plans to see Sam and the rest of his family more tomorrow since their visit to Michigan will be short and we need to maximize time with them.  We've scheduled more friends (local ones) to play later in the week.  Friends for the girls since they seem to be the ones who don't have as many play dates at home.
Daddy is headed to Dallas this week for a quick trip before we make the long drive next week.  That trip could have probably been scheduled into our trip home, but I'm thankful he can be in full vacation mode while we're in Texas.  We are so excited about our trip and to see everyone.  We're probably trying to squeeze in too many visits, but we can't help it--we are so excited!
Summer is flying by.  I've actually tried to stay away from the computer some intentionally.  No time to really go into that, but I've had to make an effort to really change some parenting patterns I've developed for the sake of all of us.  Not enough time has passed to really see a difference in anyone but myself, but the goal is improvement for the whole family.
All the time I have for now.  Just wanted to update, quickly.
Captured two of the girls on the run--the only way they functioned that day!

Caught the boys taking a breather for some ice cream.

The best "group shot" I could get...these kids were so tired!

No comments:

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet