Four of us attended Sarah's preschool art show last night. Daddy's plane landed just as we arrived. This caused some confusion as to why he couldn't make it, but as soon as he walked through the door, all was forgotten.
Jack O Lanterns
Last week we visited an apple orchard as a "field trip" for Sarah's preschool. Daddy laughed when I used the phrase "field trip" for a 3 year old. I drove her there and I drove her home, but we did meet up with her class and the other 3 year old class. We saw a puppet show about how bees make honey...
Convinced her to go on the "hay ride"--although, there is no actual hay. She reacted to this ride as she reacted to the train at the zoo and a paddle boat at our friend's cottage. She is not going to be our adrenaline junkie.
After the "hay ride"--she did warm up to it and did fine, we had yummy donuts and cider with about 20 other three year olds and their moms/siblings. There was a LOT of crying. A bit overstimulating for these little people.
Photo op with the pumpkins before we headed to pick up our big sister.
We have had a beautiful fall so far. Last week Sarah requested that we go to the zoo. We picked up our kindergartner and headed to the zoo for an afternoon of fun.
We didn't get to see very many animals and we were almost late to pick up our big brother, but the trip was well worth it. The "Daddy" polar bear was putting on a show and we haven't seen any polar bears on our last two trips to the zoo. As we were leaving, we walked into another observation area and were the only ones in there. Daddy Polar Bear swam right up to the glass, nose to nose with our girls. Didn't get a picture since it happened so quickly, but they were so excited--little one was a tiny bit scared, but no tears.
Some were less cooperative than others. :)
Picked out 3 pumpkins.
Hanging out with the girls.
Originally we had 7 tickets for this hayride...2 were returned for a refund before the ride began. There was no convincing her this time. I got to stay behind and push her on a swing and chase bees away from her lollipop.
All around our house are little yellow post-it notes...
The big kids brought home yellow post-it notes from church last week. On Sunday night Nathan was busy running around putting them everywhere...who doesn't need a reminder to pray in every room of the house? :) I do. I need one hanging in front of me when I walk around...especially this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment