Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ketchup

Working on trying to catch up on life a little--going through pictures and uploading videos.  This weekend we have been in full on parent mode.  I mean even more than usual.  After some hefty nagging on my part, Daddy and Nathan started the daunting 3rd grade science project yesterday.  It isn't due until the end of the month, but in my defense, Daddy will be gone the majority of the time left before it is due and this project has so stressed me out that I completely blanked on my address at the Hobby Lobby framing desk (was just multi-tasking--the project has no need for a frame).  Thank goodness the girl helping me just assumed that we had recently moved.  We'll go with that.  My  helpful husband pointed out I could have checked my driver's license--thankfully I didn't think of that because that would have clearly made me the crazy person who does not know her address, rather than the woman who's address is so new, it is not on any permanent record.
So here he is--the 3D bald eagle made of papier machet and styrofoam pieces--drying and waiting to be painted.  That part I think Nathan and I can handle on our own.  Crafts are so not my forte.  Right, Jacy? ;)
See Jacy, here is my other project.  The one for Nana's birthday...ummmm, 2012?  2013?  We attempted Sarah's hand print yesterday--will require a do-over. 
This is our slowly expanding craft area in the basement.  Hannah's love of crafts has forced me out of my comfort zone with the mess that comes with crafting.  I will get better.  Promise.
We went from 80's and humidity on Friday to 40's and wind/rain today.  The blossoms are all falling and although they are so, so pretty, they have caused us to spend an exorbitant amount of money on allergy medication for two family members.
We spent most of last weekend outside working on the landscaping and continued on during the week whenever we got a chance.
We still have mulch sitting in our rain soaked driveway and a couple more potted plants to plant.
I planted these on Thursday evening while Daddy took Nathan to football practice and the girls played outside.
The garden is doing nicely now that is has been protected from the bunnies--I'm sure it is not thrilled about this current weather, however.  We have gotten several new free trees--the kids keep bringing them home from school--so they wait in their pots.
When we found teeth marks in our cabbage and broccoli plants, we automatically blamed some of these guys.  This little guy is probably wondering what the heck happened to spring?
Kinda like this little girl who dressed herself today.  She was dressed all the way down to her sandals this afternoon--but she has not left the house so we decided not to fight that battle.  We're just glad she's feeling better.  She emptied the contents of her stomach (and what appeared to be someone else's stomach) in her bed and then while we were cleaning that up, in our bed.  We were up between 1 and 4 AM cleaning up.  It was quite a mess.  She seems almost completely fine today.  Just a little tired and not much appetite.  We had a late night last night.
This is about the best picture we got of her in her dance costume last night, other than the video on stage.  She was wonderful!  Video is one of the ones uploading now.
Here she is afterwards.
Hannah dressed up for the occasion too.  She has decided she would like to try dance lessons again in the fall.  The recital and rehearsal atmosphere were most enticing.
 It took a lot of convincing to get this guy to even wear the pants and long sleeves that he's wearing for his football game this afternoon.  He had such a great game last week, but I had to miss it because it was at the same time as Hannah's ice skating lessons.  He scored, had an interception, completed a pass...can't remember if that is all, but they won their second game and he did great.  As I type this, he's out in the rain and wind playing game 3.  Daddy's there to support, but us girls decided that was not the best idea for us.
I'm sure he's freezing as I see he did not take my advice on the hat and gloves.  I know it is May 15th, but it doesn't feel like it.
And for our next project of the weekend...Michigan cookie cutters.  When I volunteered to make them last week, I was only imagining the cute little mitten shaped one on the right.  The squiggly, skinny one on the left is the Upper Peninsula--where only one member of our family has ever even been.  I forgot about that one.  So on Friday afternoon I found out that the 26 cookies I needed to make turned into 52.  My first batch of cookie dough is probably not going to work out--I used whole wheat flour because it is what I had and the texture is just all wrong for sugar cookies.  It occurred to me some time between 1 and 4 AM that there is pre-made roll out sugar cookie dough here.  I will be making that purchase some time between now and Tuesday morning when the cookies have to be sent in to school.

We will also be purchasing several different kinds of sandpaper for another science project.  Have already purchased two t-shirts for class shirts.  This week will also need to find time to get our comforter to the dry cleaner--it was already on my list, but Sarah sped up the need. Will be finding time to take our four legged baby and his injured eye back to the vet.
For the last almost 2 weeks he's had his left eye closed most of the time.  He went to the vet a week ago Friday and we started antibiotic drops, but it is time for a follow up--he's not better yet.


At least this little person seems to have recovered from whatever happened last night.


Hannah has come so far in ice skating.  She recognized one of the little girls in her class at Sarah's recital and they were instant friends today in class.  Videos and more catching up to come...I still have promised Mother's Day Tea videos and pics.  Lots to do, lots to do.




No comments:

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet