Our neighbors around the corner invited us over for some water fun a couple of times over the last few weeks...this one was almost a month ago (!) during the week of VBS.
They were not exactly still long enough to get a good picture, but they are all three in this one.
Sarah's VBS Group before they performed for the parents.
Hannah and her friend from school, Mariella, enjoying popsicles at the VBS carnival.
Sarah and Grace doing the same.
All 4 girls. The boys (Nathan & Grace's brother, Tommy) were off using their tickets for games of laser tag and bouncy houses. We stayed and enjoyed the VBS carnival/fund raiser for almost 3 hours!
VBS was a huge hit for the girls. Sarah LOVED the singing and dancing. Hannah loved that part and the crafts, of course. I think it might have been Nathan's last year of VBS. He was so not into the opening part of singing and dancing--it was a HUGE group and very loud. Not his thing. I wish I would have gotten some video of the band and the music at the opening and closing, but it was so loud and crowded in there--that did not happen. One of the days when I arrived for pick up, I found Hannah's group on stage playing little kazoos along with the music. She was having a blast! Both of the girls were sad that it was over.
Of course this is just a tiny piece of what we've been up to the past few weeks...waiting on videos to upload and I need to go through lots and lots of pictures from our weekend in Buffalo and Niagara Falls. Aunt Daphne increased the fun quotient around here last week with impromptu guitar lessons, vocal exercises, bike rides/walks around the neighborhood late night games of Apples to Apples Disney, and "egg pie" and yoga every morning with the girls. I so enjoyed watching the kids with her--we don't see family often, but I think it helps us soak up every minute. I even got out by myself to the gym more than once and to the grocery store with just one kid! So much fun having her here. I wish I would have gotten pictures of the girls' yoga session on the trampoline, but it was just so sweet I didn't want to disturb them.
I'll close for now...we've got dentist appointments for 3 of us this afternoon and I hear gathering in the kitchen. Must be feeding time.
1 comment:
Poor Nathan surrounded by all those girls:)
How is summer going by so fast! Wish I was able to see you guys!
Post a Comment