Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cirque De First Grade

Yesterday I was highly entertained by the adorableness of our daughter's first grade circus.  With my new found freedom of 4 year old morning preschool, I showed up early to help with the pre-circus.  Here she is after her visit to the "make-up station", which everyone knows is the most important station when you are a bareback rider in a circus.

These three were my responsibility.  First grade girls are still so sweet.  And giggly.  Especially giggly about underpants.


This was a serious circus, y'all--lions, tigers, tight rope walkers, tumblers, daredevil bikers, seals, clowns, strong men, the lovely bareback riders and even a human cannon ball.  It was adorable and impressive considering we are only four weeks into the school year (yikes--four weeks has flown!).


And of course, of all of the videos, this is the blurry one.  I can't even blame Sarah--she wasn't there--and Nathan was sitting with his friends (although he did ask me if I "needed" him to sit with me, an appreciated gesture).  This comes from trying to smile encouragingly, watch, clap and video at the same time.  Multi-tasking not necessarily always a good thing.


She's had a fantastic week.  The circus, her usual busy schedule, a few days of homework with a big "family project" due next week, and her very, incredibly loose tooth, AND she has managed to keep it all together.  When it comes to tooth removal she exhibits amazing restraint and patience, she is not a wiggling twister like her brother.  Her little tooth box (a baby gift from Aunt Jean) sits patiently waiting in her bedside table.  I think I failed to mention that she has become a master at shoelace tying.  Credit should go to her older brother who taught her in one lesson.  And because we have a feeling that October will slip away almost as quickly as September has and she's going in with her BFF Kate (also a beautiful bareback rider) for a joint birthday party this year, we're already making party plans.  So grown up.




















No comments:

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet