Monday, May 07, 2012

Dance Fever

There is a reason why I am not finding time to update our lives here.  Actually there are a lot of reasons.  Lately I feel that we are living and breathing dance.  Don't tell anyone, but I might be living a tiny bit vicariously here.  I kinda love it. 
Since September we have spent at least two hours a week at the much closer than last year dance studio.  The only complaints have been occasional ones from the one not dancing that day and the consistent complaints of the older brother stuck sitting in the hallway.  Sarah had a moment of thinking she was done after this year, but after her dress rehearsal Saturday morning (and a promise from me that she wouldn't have the only gentleman dance instructor who she heard threaten push-ups for not smiling), she's back in.  I have to say I was more than a little disappointed to hear she didn't want to continue.  My one caveat is that I really, really need their classes to be on the same day next year.  I know this is our choice, but between the three of them and their activities we are running constantly.  Running too fast to blog about it apparently.
Two weeks ago tonight (although it seems like much longer) I was on my way home from a weekend in Florida with these lovely ladies.  Dad had just survived dance pictures and baseball opening day on his own after being in Germany for the week before.
The babysitter braided their hair the night before and Joe put the girls together (a very nice mom friend of mine did their make-up) and got them to the studio in time for pictures.
I was needlessly very stressed about all of this beforehand and pretty sure I was running on pure adrenaline all day Friday before I left.  It was so great to just let it all go and enjoy some time with some really good friends.



Fast forward two weeks (feels like we really did that) and we spent all day Saturday at the dress rehearsal.  Sarah's was first in the morning. (Another downside to having two different days for dance class is having two different recitals). 
I am so camera challenged and our video camera is challenged as well.  The result is pictures that leave something to be desired.  Sigh.
There's also a boy here.  He's not dancing, but catching and pitching and hitting.  He's learning to love catching.  He already loves pitching--even won 2012 Hit, Pitch, Run Pitching Champion in his age group.  Yeah, it was that same weekend I was in Florida and his dad was busy making the girls beautiful.  So thankful for friends who also play the balancing, juggling act with kids and help when they can.

There are videos--although not amazing ones due to both the challenged camera and its operator, but they'll have to wait.  Dinner? Check.  Homework? Check.  Daddy en route to Belgium? Check.  And as of right now, I have ten minutes to get everyone out the door and off to recital run through number one--always running!

I'll be back and fill in the blanks--lots of blanks to fill!

2 comments:

The Boos from Booville said...

Make sure you buy the blingy "DANCE MOM" rhinestone pin to wear during the recital with pride! My two also have dance on different days - what was I thinking? I love being backstage mom and hearing all their nervous chatter. The best memories for me are behind the scenes. :) I'm glad you had a break with friends too! Is Nathan a Rangers fan? We are finally taking the girls to a game over Memorial Day weekend - they have been into it lately. Take care Nicci!

katherine tse said...

With all the running around, you will be in shape for the 2012 Olympics in London.
Have a Happy Mother's Day Nicci!

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet