I can't believe that time can feel like it is moving both quickly and slowly simultaneously. I can't believe I'm still trying to catch up on the final leg of Epic Road Trip 2012. I can't believe that we're already planning our soon-to-be-8-year-old's birthday party and yet I haven't even posted any pictures from our 10-year-old's birthday party. I can't believe I'm already fighting my children over coats vs sweaters vs jackets. I can't believe Hannah really thought it was okay to go out to the trampoline barefooted just now--when 44 feels like 36.
The weekend was busy. Pumpkin carving was on our list, obviously.
We made the visit to the pumpkin patch last weekend after Hannah got sick and missed a second soccer game in a row and before we scrambled to find a last minute sitter for her so that Joe and I could make our annual trek to The D at the insane hour of 5 AM to run our part of the Relay Marathon.
Always a good time.
Nachos Fiesta never did get a W this season, but they came so far.
This Nacho was super excited for her last game. It took a while for her to get going. It was COLD at 9 AM.
Still smiling.
Back at the patch. Not everyone had the Halloween spirit at first...
But he came around.
Making family memories...
His Halloween spirit comes and goes...
It was back this weekend for two different Trunk or Treats. Love these moments.
Tomorrow will be parties all around, the annual Halloween parade and then home where time will move slower than it ever has in kid time. Weather forecast is not looking good--cold, wind and rain, but I'm sure we'll at least venture out for a little while. The honey bee has already been seeking out a warmer costume for school and has said she'd prefer to stay home and hand out candy if it is raining. She is her own person.
In the midst of all of the pumpkins, candy and fun, there have been illnesses passed around. Doctor visits--the broken arm is all clear and apparently Nathan needs to see an allergist. And stress. We're trying to be patient, but still have no news on the move. We don't expect to hear anything until life settles down on the east coast.
And so for now, it's life as usual. Trying to trust that everything will fall into place in time. Moving forward with plans for November. It's coming. Ready or not.





1 comment:
Glad that you're not living in the East Coast this year! Perhaps not too close
to the shore in your next move even the kids love the beach! Happy Halloween to
all of you.
Post a Comment