I have been on the irritable side today for some reason, but I am doing my best to stay positive and keep the mood light for the kids. Here are several annoying and amusing instances from our day:
Annoying: Being charged $4.32 for two donuts and a muffin this morning by a very unfriendly cashier at Dunkin Donuts who got my order wrong anyway.
Amusing: When I had the above cashier repeat himself several times and muttered under my breath that he was hard to understand, Nathan stated that he was hard to understand because we are in the "little car" and we can understand him when we are in the "big car".
Annoying: Only little kids were at the playgroup we met today at the park and Nathan didn't understand why I couldn't play with him instead of feeding Hannah the above very expensive muffin.
Amusing: Nathan coming to tell me that a "baby" (really a two-year-old) was yelling at him and could we please go to the library to play games on the computer.
Annoying: Being asked if Nathan really has seen Star Wars as if it were the MOST inappropriate choice ever by one of the mothers at the park who's 5 year old daughter "wants to see it, but will not be allowed to".
Amusing: Nathan telling the above mother that he only likes the "old ones", not the new ones. That's my boy!
Annoying: Someone clearly smoking on our floor causing their disgusting habit to fill our room with barely breathable air while confined to our room during Hannah's afternoon nap. Equally annoying was the response I got from the front desk when I called to complain. "Someone might be smoking in their room and I can't really do anything about that". Thanks, you've been very helpful.
Annoying: Driving all the way to the post office to check our PO Box and finding it empty.
Amusing: Nathan running down the hall on the way to the car saying he needed to run because he needed exercise.
Annoying: Having to eat all of my meals on a bed while my kids have to eat at the tiny table with only two chairs by themselves and Hannah being able to reach everything she shouldn't have. Yes, my 9 month old had french fries today. She also had part of a napkin.
Also Annoying: Eating out every meal and feeling like the worst parent in the world as I bring yet another fast food meal up to our room.
(Can you tell I'm ready to get out of this place!!?)
There were definitely more annoying instances today than amusing. Thanks to Nathan for providing the comic relief while his Daddy's away. He also told me that he could be in charge now because "he's three". I told him very seriously that he doesn't want to be in charge. "It's too hard!" (Some days I don't even want to be in charge).
He told me I was "making his feelings hurt" when I told him it was time to leave the library. He told me he would turn green if he ate another bite. Translation: I'm done with this poor excuse for a nutritious meal and I'll be asking for something equally bad for me in an hour or less. (He just brought me a Pez dispenser and asked if we have anything to fill it up). Now I'm off to get our frostee out of the freezer because it has to have more nutritional value than Pez, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment