Tuesday, September 13, 2005
Full House
The other major passion in Nathan's life lately has been Full House. Thanks to our DVR we have been able to have our own Full House marathon during our temporary living situation. We have about 10 episodes recorded from ABC Family and Nick @ Nite and Nathan has them all memorized. He quotes lines from them and sometimes that can be pretty funny. The other day he told me he wanted to have a "make-up party". Joey was terribly displeased about that and quickly wondered what I had been doing with him during the day. I quickly told him that it was a line from Full House when DJ (known as BJ to Nathan) started Jr. High and not to worry. We are not having make-up parties in our spare time. Occasionally he'll say something he heard from Full House and then say, "That's what Stephanie always says". They characters have become like family to him. I think this partly is his way of keeping something familiar in his little world that has turned upside down.
Each episode we watch has a problem and then the sappy music plays as they solve their problem in 30 minutes or less. I don't think they make TV shows like this anymore. The canned laughter and the "whoooos" when someone kisses really bother Joey. He even complains about that on Friends. I miss this kind of wholesome television even if it is completely dorky. I'm waiting for Nathan to pick up some of the 80's lingo in his one liners and start saying things are "totally rad". He will then be officially headed down the road to geekdom. I mean he already lives and breathes Star Wars. What are we doing to this poor kid?
Oft quoted lines from Full House by Nathan:
"What a nightmare!" (DJ while handcuffed to Stephanie by Kimmy Gibler)
"Rock the Hula" (Uncle Jesse sings a version of an Elvis' song on their trip to Hawaii)
"Got it Dude" Michelle
"Have mercy" Uncle Jesse
"Aww Nuts" Michelle
It must be noted that any time Michelle says anything and Nathan hears the canned laughter, he bursts into hysterics. Also because of the episode where Jesse turns 26 we had to sing the Beatles' "It's Your Birthday" (They say it's your birthday. Dun na na na na na nuh. Gonna have a good time. Dun na na na na na nuh na nuh. Today is your birthday. Dun na na na na na nuh. Happy birthday to you...)when he blew out his candles rather than the traditional "Happy Birthday To You". That was fun to explain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Little Tse Feet
No comments:
Post a Comment