Not too long ago, I posted on my missing Baby Jesus. I did find him and he now sits on our dining room table with the other members of our Nativity set, minus the manger which broke a couple of years ago.
Last week I was leaving my job around 7:30 am with several other of my co-workers when I saw something that took my breath away...
My new place of employment, St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, has the most beautiful full-sized Nativity scene right outside the window in a little garden. Currently the ground is covered in snow and that particular morning it was still dark, but the scene was lit up with some of the brightest lights I've seen. I actually gasped loud enough to get the attention of my co-workers who have all worked there for years. "That is so beautiful", I was really in awe. They all commented on it's beauty as well, possibly really "seeing" it again through the eyes of a newcomer.
Every time I've gone back to work since, I have stopped to admire the beauty. It wasn't until a couple of days later that I noticed the manger is empty. I thought maybe Jesus was in Mary's arms at first because it was 7:30am and I had been up all night, but after closer inspection, I realized Jesus is indeed missing. Not to worry, Jesus has not been lost or stolen or vandalized. He just hasn't been born yet this year. On Christmas Eve, Jesus will take his place in the manger and I, for one, am so excited to see how beautiful the scene will be once complete. I am going to be at work on Christmas Eve and Christmas Night so that means I will get to see that beautiful scene just before I drive home early Christmas morning. I feel so blessed to have that image in my head first thing Christmas morning. How fitting! How beautiful! How blessed! Praise God!
1 comment:
You know that CUMC does not put baby Jesus in its display until Christmas too, right? I think that is so special.
I also think it's wonderful that you always work on Christmas. How great to be around so many miracles on one of the most miraculous days of the year.
Post a Comment