Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A Lesson on Being Thankful

Yesterday while playing with his new Thomas The Train Legos, Nathan looked up with a pouty lip and said, "I wish I had the red one puz I only have the blue one and the green one".

Me: "Why don't we try to be thankful for what we do have instead of wishing for what we don't have?"

Nathan: "For my four-year birthday, can I have the red one?"

Me: "We'll see". (Sighing about the incredibly spoiled children we are
creating. Are we really just going to from Christmas to birthdays
talking about what presents to get next?)

Nathan: "Momma, I want to go to the mall to see Santa Clause again..."

Me: (About to interrupt because I was sure I knew where this going...)

Nathan: "...so I can say 'thank you' for my presents".

Me: (Feeling very guilty about the earlier thought and sigh and thankful I
didn't interrupt him after he said he wanted to see Santa again as I
was about to) "That is such a nice thing to do. Why don't we write
him a thank you note? I think he might be on vacation after
Christmas".

1 comment:

Kellee said...

Once again we're at the same place. I too am trying my best to teach Garrett to be thankful for what he has & not to worry about what he doesn't have. I swear we talk about it daily! I'm glad to see that Nathan is listening.

Good luck & keep up the good work!

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet