Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Blurbs From Our Favorite 3 Year Old
While playing Legos with Daddy in the basement, Nathan suddenly got angry that Daddy wasn't playing the way he told him to play.
Nathan: "I'm tired of you not respecting me and just going 'Blah, blah, blah', when I'm telling you what to do!"
(Mommy and Daddy utterly speechless. Does he have a tape recorder somewhere?)
Nathan: "You can just sit here and play by yourself!" (Walks away to another part of the room for about 1 minute.)
Nathan: (Walking back to Daddy and putting his hand on his shoulder.)
"Now, Daddy, are you ready to play like a nice man?"
Nathan: (Casually, while looking at a picture of Hannah in her baptismal gown) "So, when did Hannah get married?"
Snuggle Party = all of Nathan's dolls arranged just so on the couch between pillows and blankets while Nathan tells them things like:
"If you can't be nice, you are going to time out."
"You are going straight to bed, no books!"
"No hitting or pushing!"
Last night while getting ready for bed, Nathan brought his Santa Claus doll to Hannah and said, "Here you can have this one. He's really old and I've slept with him for a long time".
While eating lunch yesterday, Nathan ate a grape that apparently didn't taste as good as he thought it should.
Nathan: "Quick! I need some chips!" (While spitting out grapes).
Nathan: "I want a brother and a sister".
Mommy: "Kathleen has a brother and a sister, but remember they have to be babies first. Do you want another baby?"
Nathan: "Kathleen is getting a turtle".
Nathan: "Daddy I want you to wear your regular shoes like mine!" (Talking about tennis shoes)
Daddy: "I don't want to wear them. I'm wearing my boots today. My shoes aren't like yours anyway. They don't light up".
Mommy: "They don't make shoes that light up for Moms and Dads".
Nathan: "Just for Mr. Drew? Mr. Drew has light up shoes".
(Mr. Drew is Nathan's teacher at school and if he does have light up shoes I wouldn't be surprised, but the image had me laughing for quite a while afterwards).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Little Tse Feet
3 comments:
We miss you too! Loved the Christmas card, by the way...Thanks for the birthday call. I love to hear you sing "Happy Birthday"...it was exactly like last year's phone call. You're so cute!
Love you too!
So funny! By far Tony & my favorite one is "Quick, get me some chips!" LOL!!!
Give Nay-Nay a hug & kiss from us!
We liked that one too. Kind of like Newman after he ate the broccoli on Seinfeld. "Honey Mustard, quick!"
Hahahahahahaha!
Post a Comment