Today was my last day in the land of daylight. Next week I start back on the night shift. I'm a little anxious, but I know everything will be fine. I'm trying to focus on the good that comes from working nights. I'll get to be with my children earlier in the day before they are tired and cranky. I still get to be home with them 5 nights a week and I know from experience that I appreciate those 5 nights more when I have to be away from them the other two. The unit will be quieter and I will be less busy at night so I can do other things while working if I need to. I might even have time to read some.
It helps to know that other moms do it successfully. My friends Paige and Heidi have been doing it for a while now. My sister-in-law, Deedee, has done it for several years without childcare. I pray that God gives me the strength to be a good mom and a good nurse and to know my limitations. To know when I'm too tired to handle something and ask for help when I need it. Praying for another smooth transition for our family.
So here I come to join Marvin (Marvin, Marvin) and Jackie (Jackie)....On the Night Shift.
No comments:
Post a Comment