Friday, January 13, 2006
Warm It Up, Kriss...
I'm beginning to wonder if Kriss Kross' parents felt like I do and at some point just finally gave in.
Nathan dresses himself and he is actually pretty good at picking out clothes that match and are weather appropriate. He does tend to wear the same things over and over, but hey, I do that.
BUT he puts everything on backwards...down to his underwear. If there was a way to put socks on backwards, he'd probably do that too. Every morning I praise him enthusiastically, telling him what a big boy he is for getting dressed all by himself, but then I have to say, "Okay, Buddy, now we've got to turn your pants and shirt around". How discouraging is that? He even put his own watch on this morning (on his right wrist, but I'm not that picky). One day I picked him up from school and his shirt was on backwards. I am not sure if he started out that way or not. If not, is he rebelling in some way? Is this a sign of dyslexia?
He doesn't argue or seem discouraged about turning his clothes around, but am I stomping on his little spirit? Should I just let him go around "Kriss Kross" style? Maybe I should look into signing him up for rap lessons?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Little Tse Feet
1 comment:
Kriss Kross will make you Jump Jump!
Funny about Nay Nay. Garrett wanted to do that once so I let him wear his underwear backwards. It's the last time he did it. "Mommy, that makes my penis hurt." Thankfully that's all it took!
Post a Comment