Thursday, March 23, 2006
Questions and Answers
Yesterday when I picked the kids up from school, Nathan had several questions for me.
"Mom, how much do cars weigh?"
Me: "Ummmm... about 2000 pounds? I'm not sure let's ask Daddy."
(Okay, I was wrong. "Even a Miata weighs more than 2000 pounds", said Daddy.)
A few minutes later.
"Mom, how much does the sun weigh?"
Me: "Ummmm... I'm not sure. It is a really hot ball of fire though!"
(Note to self. Start studying science. Apparently my son is done asking questions I know the answers to.)
Today he has decided to answer his own questions because my answers are less than satisfactory.
"Mom, do you know why pirates can't scratch their toes?"
Me: "Ummmm..."
(Interrupting the standard "Ummm...")
"Because they have a hook and they might make a hole in their feet".
"Mom, do you know what I am waiting for?"
Me: "What do you mean?"
(Always better to answer a question with a question when you are confused.)
"Christmas".
Me: "What?"
"Well, at school my teacher says that".
Me: "Says what?"
"What are you waiting for? Christmas?"
(Note. Sarcasm is completely lost on a 3 1/2 year old. He thinks this is a really nice thing to say. After all, he is waiting for Christmas. I am still getting additions to the list he began in December!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Little Tse Feet
2 comments:
I am cracking up! Thanks for the link to the sun info. Very helpful!
My fave is the Christmas one. I told Tony & we both died laughing!
I miss you guys!
LOL! This is hysterical!
Post a Comment