Lately I've been talking to Nathan about how to be a gentleman. For instance, he would be more of a gentleman if he lets his sister climb into the car first, rather than knocking her out of the way as he climbs in, even if it is on "his side". After I explained that he should do this in order to be a gentleman, he quickly asked why he would want to be such a thing. Well, I explained, if you practice being a gentleman now, you'll have no trouble finding a wife. Nathan replied, "I don't need to find a wife. I'm going to marry Rachel". (Rachel is his good friend from church.) I was completely stumped after that retort and realized my plan had backfired.
The following day, without any reminders of our previous conversation, Nathan told me that he had been a gentleman that morning by letting Hannah in the car first, but he had decided he did not want to be a gentleman anymore, as he does not want to find a wife. He then went on to say he did not need a wife because he already has me. The Marie Barone in me is loving that.
No comments:
Post a Comment