


Nathan had his first day of preschool on Wednesday. He was so excited and really surprised me with how well he handled himself.
He jumped right in line with his classmates and said, "'Bye Mom. See ya later". I am so proud of him.
I was one of the first parents in line to pick him up, but because it was his first day and the others have been there 4 days already, his teacher didn't know I was his mom. She was directing the other children behind him in line to their parents as she recognized them. My little man stood right in line waiting until Mrs. Nichols asked him if he saw his mom. He squinted his eyes and pointed at me smiling. He's such a big boy!
I asked him on the way home if he had fun playing at school. This was the answer I got. "I didn't play, Mom. I learned".
Last night while reading books in Nathan's bed, I turned over and got a sharp poke from the littlest Tse. I said, "Ouch, Baby!", and rubbed my belly. Nathan looked at me and gasped, "Did she bite you?" I said, "I didn't mean Hannah, I meant the other baby". He responded very seriously, "I meant that baby. Did he bite you?" (He always alternates between he/she when discussing the baby).
Hannah has discovered my (rather funny looking) belly button and in doing so has decided she must see it at least 5 or 6 times a day. She also likes to point out her own and Nathan's. Unfortunately she doesn't say belly button well, but she says "Butt" very well. She points at her own belly button saying, "My butt". Points at mine saying, "Mommy's butt"... You get the idea. We are working very hard on turning it into button.
The pictures are from our vacation back to Texas. One with their Great Aunt in Dallas, one of Hannah eating ice cream and a red cupcake from Nathan's "celebration" in San Antonio, and the last one is Nathan rubbing the belly of their Great, Great Aunt's dog, Ally, in Ft. Worth.
No comments:
Post a Comment