
Yesterday we toured the fire station and met the fire fighters. Nathan told me as we were leaving he wanted to be a fireman, a policeman and an ambulance man when he grows up. I told him that was great and we talked about how he might start thinking about which one is his favorite so he can narrow it down to one job.
Later, as we drove home from Spanish class, we talked about birthdays and how old everyone is. We talked about who's birthday was next in our family and I mentioned that we would be celebrating Jesus' birthday in December after Mommy's birthday. We talked about what Jesus might want for his birthday and that everyone should make him a cake so that we can all share the birthday cake for his celebration. After quieting down for a bit perhaps pondering our earlier conversation and the current one, Nathan said, "Mom, I want to be Jesus when I grow up".
This, of course, caused a huge lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. I told him that Jesus would love to hear that he wants to be just like him when he grows up and we should all have that ambition in our hearts.
No comments:
Post a Comment