
Our conversation while walking to the library yesterday:
Nathan: After we get back I want to play Duck, Duck, Goose outside with Kathleen and Liam.
Me: We'll have to see how dark it is. (It is getting dark before 5 pm now--wasn't I the same person complaining about the sun being up until 10 pm this summer?)
Nathan: Well, then I'll just play in the basement with you.
Me: I'm not very good at Duck, Duck, Goose right now. It is hard to get up and down with Sarah
in my belly.
Nathan: Why Mommy? I want to play. (Insert whiny voice here--no one told me about this lovely side effect of turning 4)
Me: I will be able to play Duck, duck, goose again after the baby is born and I won't be so tired.
Nathan: Well, you have to push you know.
Me: Excuse me?
Nathan: You have to push when you have the baby.
Me: Where did you hear that?
Nathan: Like Becky when she had the twins on Full House.
(Full House strikes again--we rarely watch this show anymore, but apparently the lessons will forever stick with him.)
At bedtime while saying our prayers, I have taught the kids the prayer my mom said to me every night as long as I can remember...
Thank you God, for this day and all its many blessings.
Be with us and help us to have a good, safe night.
Amen.
Here's Hannah's version:
Tank you, God.
Aw mean. (This second part sounds suspiciously like Swiper's "Awww Maaaaan"....)
The picture is of the kids with their "Hola Socks" on singing, "Hola Mommy, Hola Mommy...."
No comments:
Post a Comment