Once again, my son has helped me remember the Reason for the Season. I have to admit that Jesus has gotten lost in the chaos of getting ready for a new baby, a traveling husband, juggling two jobs, doctor appointments, dentist appointments, and just the general life that doesn't slow down. Yesterday, Nathan reminded me of what it is all about.
We were in the waiting room at my OB's office...waiting. Nathan was playing Star Wars and explaining to me who the good guys were and who the bad guys were. Hannah was playing with some hastily gathered Little People from our Little People Nativity set. She had Mary and one of the Magi driving a truck with the Baby Jesus in the back. I laughed at her little set up and Nathan asked why I was laughing. I said, "Mary and Joseph didn't have a truck, they had a donkey".
Nathan said, "That's okay, Mom, she's just pretending. That's not Joseph, though".
I looked closer and said, "Oh you're right, that is one of the kings".
Without any hesitation, Nathan said, "No Mom, he's not the king. Jesus is King".
Everyone in the room heard what he said, but I don't know if his words spoke to everyone the way they spoke to me. I am so thankful that God continues to send me little reminders through such an amazing little witness.
Tomorrow is Epiphany. Our Christmas decorations are on their way down and tomorrow I expect to finish putting them away. I am thankful to know that God has a plan to keep the spirit of Christmas in our house even after it is all packed away. So I hope everyone takes a little time to celebrate Epiphany tomorrow and remember that though Christmas has passed this season, Jesus is King!
No comments:
Post a Comment