Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sleepless No More


It is 7:50 PM. My children are not only asleep, but asked to go to bed. Our daddy is on a plane to Brussels hopefully getting some sleep of his own since he is basically losing the night tonight. Hannah was dozing off during dinner tonight and when I ran up to get her jammies I came back to find her sleeping at the table. I had to wipe her face and change her so she woke up and stayed up another hour, but they were both asking to go upstairs at 7 PM. I tried to put it off a little while since they are usually up until at least 8:30, but they kept asking and I'm not crazy.

Several months ago we started putting Hannah to bed with Nathan in his bed and they have done pretty well sleeping together. We have to get up occasionally with one or both of them and they do sleep in our bed when one of us is gone. Because I work Friday and Saturday nights, they get to sleep in our bed every weekend and they sleep with me when daddy travels. Daddy and Mommy still survive on little sleep because we choose to stay up and get things done or enjoy something grown up on TV. But life has changed so much since we moved here with two sleepless children, that we sometimes have to pinch ourselves.

We do realize that we are about to completely throw this out of the window. A new baby alone will cause much more sleeplessness for Mommy and Daddy, but add a move to a time zone six hours ahead and you have a recipe for disaster. However, we have seen that our children are not genetically incapable of sleep! That is huge!

1 comment:

Kat said...

I can still remember as a child being able to sleep in mom and dad's bed when dad was out of town. It was always such a treat!! How precious sleep is:)

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet