Whew! We have been in a whirlwind the last few days. Our first visitors arrived Friday. Memaw, Yehyeh and Aunt Daphne came to stay for a few days on their way to Greece. We didn't give them a moment's rest to recover from their jet lag! I just uploaded the pictures from their visit and was going through them...I can't believe we crammed all of that fun into such a short time. Needless to say, everyone is exhausted. Daddy left for an extended business trip in South America this week and our guests left for Greece today. Our three beautiful children are sleeping peacefully in front of our portable air conditioner (it was 30 C today!) and I am too exhausted to post about all of our adventures or label the pictures just yet, but I'll get it done very soon!
We managed to squeeze in an expat sale at Nathan's school on Saturday and found the two lovely princess dresses modeled here. You can see by the bags under Miss Cinderella's eyes that she would indeed soon be a sleeping beauty. Hannah was thrilled with the dresses. We bought her the Cinderella slippers at Disneyland Paris, but couldn't justify the 65 Euro dress for a two year old. We found these two for the bargain price of 5 Euros. Hannah doesn't mind that they have been loved before. "Mommy, I'm booteeful! I'm Cinderella, Cinderella. Do the dishwasher, do the laundry..." (Her modern version of the song)
This is the last week of school and for most expats the last week they are here before heading back to the States for visits to family and central air. This week we are already saying goodbye to many friends (though some will return at the end of summer). We eagerly await Daddy's return and the move into our house in just 5 days! We can't wait! Off to get some much needed sleep...
1 comment:
We have had visitors this week too and today we took them downtown to taste some of the different beers at the breweries. It was hot here too and I don't know how Julia, in her bjorn, didn't have a heat stroke. I am just picturing the kiddos now in front of the air and smiling.
Post a Comment