Thursday, July 26, 2007

Halfy Birthday!






To our sweet little babbling, rolling and scooting 6 month old! Sarah is 6 months old today. As if she wanted to ensure us that she is in fact reaching milestones at the appropriate time, she has chosen this week to begin her babbling. She keeps Nathan, Hannah and Mommy laughing as she rolls around grabbing her feet and talking to us. "Mamamamama....Babababa". She even has a little howl that she lets out when appropriate. Her left bottom tooth is about halfway in. She is grabbing everything and everyone. Hannah has found that having long hair and a baby sister can be a dangerous combination. I often hear from across the room, "Ow! Sarah! No!", and then run to rescue Hannah from her baby sister's grip. It makes me laugh because it seems like just yesterday that I was driving Nathan and Hannah to Nana and Papa's house before we moved to Michigan. Nathan was minding his own business, eating a happy meal in the backseat, when I heard him say, "No! Hannah! No!" Because Hannah was only about 6 months old, I couldn't imagine what she could possibly be doing, but I looked back and saw her tiny little hands reaching out across her car seat toward his precious chicken mcnuggets. So, now Hannah will begin to learn what is really like to have a younger sibling. It was all fun and games until she not only has developed an interest in her surroundings, but is discovering she can get her hands on things if she wants to. And some of those things (gasp!) belong to Hannah... I only thought it was difficult having 2 children old enough to fight over things. I hope someone is still working on getting that padded room ready for me.
Sarah weighs about 15 pounds according to the bathroom scale. She has not been still enough to be measured otherwise. She is definitely on the move! I had forgotten how interesting the world becomes at this age. No matter how tired or hungry she is, her head turns instantly toward whatever interesting thing might be going on in the room. I must add that the interesting thing is almost always a fight between big brother and big sister. (Mom and Dad, have I apologized enough for the endless hours you spent refereeing my fights with a certain little brother? If it helps at all, you can take satisfaction in the fact that I am getting mine now!) We have given her a few more cheerios and yesterday she tried some banana, but wasn't all that interested. We'll try again soon...
This week we are just hanging out around home. Hannah and Sarah both have runny noses. Nathan is squeezing in play time with his friends in between all of the summer travels. We are working on planning some one's 5th birthday party and getting ready for more visitors and trips. It is so hard to believe that Sarah is 6 months old. We have now been in Belgium for 3 months and as of yesterday, we have been in the house for 1 month. Time keeps flying!



Sarah's Moving Now from tsechief and Vimeo.

Here's a clip of Sarah's new moves. Daddy was reading for story time (and for those who think we are putting the children to bed in the middle of the afternoon--it was actually almost 10 PM--the sun doesn't really go down until about 11 at this time of year!) and Sarah wanted to be right there with the big kids.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Okay just a couple of comments....

Isn't it amazing how many milestones they reach at 6 months. It took Julia a whole month to love bananas. I shared one with her yesterday and didn't receive any bad faces.

Julia would also like to thank you for the great music you put with her videos. She says it is much more entertaining and that I should do that with her videos.

Also a side note... nice legs Joey!:)

Tse Family said...

We have an OLD video camera (from way back in 2000) so until we get a new one (hopefully next year) we have to use our grainy digital's soundless video... the music helps it not seem so 1960's I think.

Anonymous said...

OMG...cutest video ever!!! :)

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet