Each evening after preparing and serving dinner and cleaning up all of the remnants from the table, chairs and floor, this is what I see when I walk into our living room/play area--note the tiny little Legos all over the floor currently out of Sarah's reach. We are in so much trouble once she realizes she doesn't have to just sit in one place and play quietly. Sarah was the only one left in the room after Daddy came home, but I assure you she had nothing to do with this mess. (Can you tell someone is feeling much better?) She does make her own messes in the kitchen in the form of tiny pieces of food everywhere. I didn't realize how much "help" Max gave me around the house until I experienced life without him. I am so thankful that my children are very good at entertaining themselves and that they do actually play with their toys and each other. But I am so overwhelmed with the tediousness of picking up toys, making beds, doing laundry, loading and unloading the dishwasher, sweeping up/picking up crumbs...whew! This is hard.
2 comments:
I don't know about you, but we have mandatory pick up times regularly throughout the day. Cuts down a little bit on the insanity at the end of the day. I think we might actually start using the "one in- one out" rule of playing with toys. Otherwise all of them seem to be strung out all over the house.
As for the crumbs and such, if you figure out a system to manage that or just make it in the least bit better, let me know. I, too, am tired of the 5 daily sweepings of the eating area.
My family room always looks like that now and I only have one. Be happy that she still sits in one spot because mine is all over the place and picks everything up and puts it in her mouth.
Post a Comment