Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Retakes




I'll admit it. I was irritated that I spent 25 Euros on Nathan's soccer pictures only to have him crying in the team picture and at best clinging onto me while crying in his individual picture. (I wasn't sure if they were actually taking his picture as I was trying to calm him down and pry his fingers from my arms and legs).

I didn't really talk with him much--okay, at all-- before I ordered the pictures. It was a spur of the moment decision as I realized we had to pay up front. I thought he might enjoy having the little sports cards with his picture and name on them. Then the disaster that was Saturday morning commenced. As I carried him away crying, the photographer said, "Mom, when he calms down just bring him back and we'll take his picture". Yeah. Clearly that didn't happen.

I was pleasantly surprised when someone from the photography company called today and said he didn't think they had a picture of Nathan and that if I would take his picture and e-mail it to him, they could use that picture instead.

Because today was another rainy day, we had to come straight home from school instead of playing on the playground. We decided to break out the arts and crafts box and do "projects" as Nathan says. I managed to pull him away from his crafts and to convince him to dress in his soccer uniform and stand in the rain so I could get these pictures. This is the happy go lucky boy we know and the pose, all him. I gave him no direction other than to hold the ball.
The best part of the day happened just before he fell asleep. He said, "Mom, I need to tell you something".

"I'm sorry".

"About everything".

Wow, can someone pass the tissues? This is one amazing kid.

2 comments:

Kat said...

An absolute sweetheart! He must have some great parents:)

Kellee said...

What a cool kid. You know why he's like that, right? Because of YOU!

Love you!

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet