Sunday, January 13, 2008

It's All About Love







Last night before Hannah fell asleep:



"I love you, Mommy".



"I love Daddy and I love Nathan and I love you and I love Sarah".



"And I love myself".







"Do you love yourself, Mommy?"







What an amazing reminder that our children start out loving themselves. One of the most important things we can do as parents is ensure that they continue to love themselves so that they can love others. Of course, I answered that yes, I do love myself and I said a little prayer that she will always remember that it is okay to love herself and that she will always know that she is loved. Thank you God for once again allowing me to see things in a fresh light through my children's eyes.

Thanks to Aunt Susie for the cute aprons and cookie cutters for all 3 kids. Hannah and I were baking sugar cookies while Nathan was at a bowling birthday party and Sarah napped. Hannah wanted Mommy to wear an apron and since I couldn't find one, I borrowed Sarah's. She is crawling all over the place now and was into everything in the kitchen while we were cooking, but she's not quite ready to put on her apron and join in. Won't be long, though!

1 comment:

Kellee said...

How interesting. Part of our bedtime ritual involves each of the kids getting to lie in my bed with me by themselves while we recap our day. We always wind up with me telling them who all loves them. One night out of the blue Camryn says, "AND I LOVE ME!!!!!" It was such a cool little moment. I now incorporate themselves into the list every, single night. & It's such a great reminder for me to continue to put myself at the top of the list.

Funny that I think it's my job to teach these little people this or that. They've taught me more about life than I could have ever imagined.

Love you all!!

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet