Friday, January 18, 2008

Paybacks and Dirty Words



Nathan came home from school yesterday telling me that a friend had gotten a little rough with him and pushed him down causing him to scrape his knee.


"That's okay because he's gonna pay for it, Mom".


Me: "Excuse me?"


Nathan: "Yeah. Whenever someone hurts someone else they have to pay for it".


Me: "Who told you that?"


Nathan: "Hayden did. Because Aaron hurt him and he said 'He's going to pay for that!'".


(Pause--I wasn't quite sure what to say and I didn't think the laughter I was fighting back was appropriate!)

Nathan: "I hope he knows how much money to bring because I forgot to tell him".

After that comment I was less worried that Nathan and Hayden (who are both about the same size) were starting a gang to hand out paybacks.

Hannah told me today that one of her little friends got in trouble at school for saying a "bad word". Hesitantly I asked which one.


"She said, 'I don't care' and that is not nice!"




When Nathan got home I overheard Hannah tell Nathan something to which he replied, "I don't care". She immediately called him on saying a "bad word". Nathan looked at her, hand on hip and said, "No, it's not. I know tons of bad words". Then noticing me watching, "But I never say any of them!" Of course he doesn't.


1 comment:

Kat said...

Okay I am going to comment on two posts....

First of all I can't wait to start having conversations with Julia. Too much fun to hear what these little people have to say.

As for cooking, I am slowly starting to get better but still don't have the love. Maybe once I have three someday and I mean some day I will love it more.

The kids are too cute!

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet