Today in French class as the sunshine gave way to a short burst of rain and hail and then large gusts of wind, our teacher taught us a new phrase:
Les giboulees de Mars.
Basically meaning, the weather here in March is whack. (My own words here--I can't say I can even imagine our French teacher saying the word "whack", but she tries her best to translate everything for those of us who want to know what every single word means. That is, until she loses patience with our constant need to know every single word and snaps, "This is just general. You can not take it word by word, sorry".--Hey she's pregnant and we're more than a little annoying at times. She is entitled to say worse that that. I'm sure she'd like to yell, "I didn't create the language, People!")
On the way home I saw the posters pictured above and traffic was slow so I had a chance to get a picture for later laughs.
Here is the website if you can't read the sign. Bet you are all wishing you were going to be here on Sunday night to find out just what they mean by "Commando Style".
No comments:
Post a Comment