A couple of mornings ago, I was making Nathan's bed when I found this tiny little thing. It looked like a tooth, but a really old, dirty and gross tooth. I didn't think it was his, but I did pick it up, wonder how it got there and then threw it away. (I considered putting it with his rock collection, but it was really tiny and honestly it kind of weirded me out that it looked like a tooth.)
It was really tiny and I'm surprised I noticed it, but if I hadn't have I would have missed out on a comical moment. Today as we were walking to Little Gym for Hannah, Nathan randomly said, "You know I found a tooth on the tennis court and put it under my pillow, but I couldn't find it. I don't think the tooth fairy comes if she doesn't know whose tooth it is." He said that he was just wondering if the tooth fairy might bring some money in exchange for his lucky find and was going to surprise us with "some money for the family".
I would have probably been completely grossed out if I hadn't seen the "tooth" myself and felt pretty sure it was just a tooth shaped rock. We spent a little while talking about how we should probably only put our own teeth under our pillows. Too bad the local tooth fairy wasn't aware of the little experiment. What a funny little guy!
4 comments:
When I read this, I laughed so hard I cried and had to read it to James!! Too smart! I am just glad it wasn't someone's real tooth. Gross! Next time I see Nathan, I may have to give him some money for his creativeness! Trying to work the tooth fairy...what a novel idea!
still laughing...
Poor little guy:) Just wanted a visit. I remember a time when my parents had a party and noone had cash for my tooth under the pillow. So they rigged a scheme where they had there friend write a note from the tooth fairy explaining she would be back the next night.
What parents do for their children!
That is so funny. Garrett is so desperate for a loose tooth (he doesn't have a single one) that he might stoop to "borrowing" someone else's as well.
Note to self: KEEP GARRETT AWAY FROM MONKEY TSE MONKEY DO.
Post a Comment