Tuesday, April 15, 2008

WHOOSH!







What was that? Who was that masked man? I'm thinking that was our weekend and the man, Daddy? It amazes me how time can pass so slowly one moment and then fly by so quickly we don't even realize it, the next. Daddy had a great trip to Hong Kong and a great time with family. It was a very busy trip work wise and he had no time to recover before he was on the road again. This time just an overnight and we expect him back this evening. I can't believe it is April 15th already. I can't believe we got the information from our prepared taxes yesterday. Yes, yesterday. It sounded so lovely having a 3rd party complete our taxes for the next 7 years (or whatever it is), but the reality is not so lovely. After some major scrambling around last night, the matter is out of our hands and into the hands of the Belgian postal system. With Daddy traveling and working in different time zones, the communication is so limited that it is very difficult to keep up with all that is going on in our lives. We had a ROUGH week on the home front last week and there are still some things going on with the kids that the parents need to sit down and discuss. Not easy when the daddy rushes from the airport to coach one of the kid's first tee ball games, the other kids can't get enough of the jet lagged daddy, the daddy spends an entire evening putting together a long promised new toy, the family spends an afternoon shopping for the church's fellowship supplies as newly appointed fellowship co-chairs must do from time to time, and the mommy takes some much needed alone time to see a movie.


Mommy and Daddy have to got to schedule a date night!


We are experiencing little glimpses of spring weather, but still haven't been able to put away the heavy coats as hard as I try. We have all gone on strike from wearing them from time to time and get lots of crazy looks from the locals (and some not locals), but we are so D-O-N-E with these coats, you guys! Unfortunately, it is too C-O-L-D without them. Those of you who are or have been on the beach in the warm sunshine lately, SO JEALOUS!


Just wanted to share some pictures, give some updates and ask for some prayers. All of the travel Daddy has this month hasn't been (and won't be) easy on all of us. Hannah is having an especially hard time, so please keep her in your prayers.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Seems like Joey is racking up the frequent flier miles....

Hope you are hanging in there and I love the new toy. You are definitely the cool parents:) I wish I had a trampoline growing up!!!

Katie said...

I hear ya! I know how hard it is having no Daddy around (and no family around). And I can't imagine having another (wonderfully sweet) child in the mix. I think this summer will be one of the hardest for River too. I think it's the age. They are beginning to understand the concept of time which makes it hard. Date night sounds nice (and needed). Oh, and LOVE the new toy!!

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet