Early this morning our friends added a third little one to their family. Yesterday as planned, the big sister (times 2 now) and new big brother came over to our house. We know firsthand how hard it is to leave the "big kids" (who aren't all that big) with friends (no matter how great the friends are or how happy the kids are when you leave--it is just HARD!) and are so thankful for the opportunity to help others in the same way we were helped 18 months ago.
These two are the sweetest, most adorable children and it was so much fun to have them. Last night had to be one of the hottest, stickiest nights we've experienced since we've lived here. We could not get the house cool enough, but still the kids all slept well---once they finally went to sleep. (I was constantly checking on them to make sure they weren't too warm and seemed comfortable and Daddy was running around opening windows and trying to figure out how to keep the house cool without waking everyone up with the doors banging closed and rain coming in and thunder...I miss air conditioning!) As it was with our kids, this sleep over thing was totally unprecedented so we had to just figure out what worked. It took some time and it wasn't ideal, but it worked.
This morning they were all up bright and early and thankfully, it is so much cooler today. Another friend and her 3 joined us for play and lunch this morning. It was so helpful to have another mom here even if it did add 3 kids for total of 8 kids under 6--there were moments of chaos, but also moments of calm and we'll focus on the calm moments. She was so creative and helped everyone make a card for the new baby. The big brother and big sister still don't know if they have a baby brother or sister. Their mom shared with me and since I'm pretty sure they can't read...It's a Girl! I don't know anything else because we didn't want to spoil the surprise for the big kids.
Their dad has collected them now for a nap at home before they meet their new baby. Sarah was napping immediately and the other two are resting on the sofa watching a movie. I just finished putting the house back together--it wasn't that bad, but I'm wiped out and I know I won't feel like doing it later.
Daddy leaves for a short trip on Sunday so our weekend time with him is cut short, but once he gets back we need to start packing! 8 more days! We need to get some rest!
No comments:
Post a Comment