Monday, September 01, 2008

Tomorrow




I know this will lose a lot by actually typing it out, but I have to because it's funny to us.


We have been listening to a "kid" CD in the car most of the summer and one of the songs is "Tomorrow" from the movie Annie. This is what Hannah hears and then sings along:


The sun will come out,

Tomorrow.

Bet your bottom dollar

(Hee, hee, hee. Mommy she said bottom)

Hmm, hmm, hmm SUN.

............................................


When hmm, hmmm, hmmm DAY

GRAY and LONELY.

I just take off my shoes

And hmmm

AND SAY!

...............................................

This girl loves to shout, I mean sing and, as we learned at the wedding, is quite a dancer.

So tomorow--sorry, but it is tomorrow--she will be going to her first full day of Pre K. It has been just us girls today. We dropped off our big first grader this morning (more on that later) and she has had quite a good day. No one to really fight with (Sarah is teething and not feeling too well) and she has enjoyed ruling the house for the day. She has earned herself her first full smiley face on the new allowance calendar we are starting. Yesterday I could only give her a half a smiley face and that was a stretch. She doesn't really get the whole earning allowance by earning smiley faces yet. Yesterday when I would say she was not being helpful enough and I didn't see a smiley face in her future, she would give me her best smiley face from across the room as she continued to ignore what I was asking her to do. All in good time.

Although this morning she was driving me crazy (whining, refusing to dress herself, whining, complaining...), I will miss her smiling and singing self.....tomorrow.

2 comments:

The Lenz Family said...

Too cute! She's adorable in that dress! Miss you guys! Good luck in Pre K, Hannah!

Kat said...

I love that song too.... Had no clue you guys were attending a wedding. Everyone looks so beautiful!

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet