After a week of ups and downs in the form of daddy being home, sick kids, better kids, sick kids again, a very disappointing football game (ahem), missing one party due to sick kids, and attending a very nice one, we are back.
Back to school. Back to ballet and intramurals this afternoon. Back to soccer practice. Back to swimming lessons. Back to Cub Scouts. It is nice to be back. We never really left reality, but it was a different reality and a test for me. But I do feel I am starting this week feeling refreshed and so appreciative of my children and their good health. Sometimes I need a reminder.
The kids really were very good this week. We were quite limited on entertainment due to the weather and needing to be near a toilet and/or couch for one child or another. We got outside when we could. Took walks and played. Got frustrated that even when the sun comes out everything is still so, so wet. It is wonderful to have a two parent household. There are some ongoing adjustments, but it took more than a little while to get adjusted to living the other way.
Today as I drove to do some IKEA shopping for an upcoming princess birthday party, I had to do a double take on the date. I already knew it was November, but November 4th? Election Day? Time seemed to stand still last week for a bit, but no more.
The holidays are quickly approaching and it is hard. We'll miss so much and so many. We'll be busy here and we are blessed to have amazing friends to celebrate with, but we all want to be with our family too. We miss everyone so much and are so thankful for cyberspace connections. Sending lots of love....
No comments:
Post a Comment