Saturday, December 13, 2008

Proudest Monkey

On Monday our little ballerina had a mid-term performance. All of the practices are closed so we hadn't seen anything except for once in a while when Madame Luca calls the moms in to see a "ballerina bow" or a "long ballerina neck". For each of those few times we were called in, our little ballerina just looked at the ground. I expected this performance would be very similar to last year's Little Gym performance and I vowed not to be frustrated. Who am I not to understand being shy? I get it.
We were very surprised when she specifically asked Daddy if he could come and how disappointed she was when he couldn't. I promised to record as much as I could and then make it into a movie on the computer for Daddy and "everybody in America". (That isn't arrogance, she just means our family).
Perform she did. She loves ballet and loves Madame Luca. How could you not? She is a real ballerina with a very French accent and she has all of these 3 to 5 year olds looking very much like little ballerinas. They will have a different type of performance in the spring, but this one was just in their practice room with a few family members. Big brother and little sister were fairly cooperative so I did get plenty of video for Daddy and those who don't mind watching 10 minutes of our daughter's little ballet company. She is so proud of this "movie" and even performed for our hair guy yesterday afternoon. She was dancing and singing all of the music from her Christmas performance. For the past several weeks we have had this list of lyrics to practice: "O Christmas Tree" in English, French and German; "A La Nanita Nana" (a family favorite around here--we even bought the Cheetah Girls version on iTunes--after I confirmed that the Cheetah Girls are kid friendly and not the Pussy Cat Dolls); "Kye Kye Kule" (an African call and response song that she can lead as she did in the car yesterday) and a Korean song that we don't have the lyrics for, but she assures me that she knows. She really knows all of it and corrects my French and German when I try to read the lyrics and practice with her.
She is so excited about the performance on Tuesday. I'm excited that she's excited and of course there will be a sequel to this "movie".



Hannah's Ballet Performance December 2008 from tsechief on Vimeo.

2 comments:

The Lenz Family said...

SHE IS JUST TOOOOO ADORABLE!!

What an awesome job you did, Hannah!!!

Kat said...

Love her tutu!! Julia also loved to do some of the hand motions as she watched!

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet