Playing with the sleds at school with the scouts.
Building a "snow volcano" in the backyard.
Sarah acutally smiling in the snow!
mostly likes to run around and make footprints.
are still waking up in the dark...this was more like
9:30 AM)
So for the last several days I have basically laid around the house and moaned. A very annoying illness had me down for a few days and it was really difficult to do anything else, but moan. (I may also have been very, very difficult to live with...you'd have to ask my family about that...but maybe wait a few days...)
We woke up Monday to several inches of snow and it continued all day long. So far the temperatures have stayed below freezing and therefore, the snow has remained. It has been way below freezing, actually, and very unpleasant for someone feeling as miserable as I did, but the kids have been so thrilled to wake up to the snow each morning (once they finally get up). Today was the closest we've been to being on time to school, but everyone else seems to be having the same challenges.
We are slowly working our way back into our routine. This drastic change in temperature has added quite a lot of time to that routine any time we leave the house adding boots, snow pants, gloves and hats just like old times in Michigan. We also spent quite a lot of extra time getting every one's hair completely dry after swimming lessons last night. Very important as they were "FREEZING, MOM!" (Chattering teeth and everything).
The kids have enjoyed some time out in the snow every afternoon, but today we included snow play into the Cub Scout meeting. We had 3 or 4 extra boys come over thinking Cub Scouts was way more fun than they originally thought. The pictures are from today. The kids played and played and played. We hope it sticks around a few more days so Daddy can join in the fun. We just might have to drive up to do some sledding this weekend. We even have convinced Sarah that snow is not her greatest nemesis, but actually lots of fun so we hopefully this experience will be better than last year's Austria trip for her.
Speaking of last year....a certain someone will turn 2 in just a few weeks. I thought I'd be really sad about it, but I'm actually excited! She has her "terrible 2" moments, but for the most part she's a lot of fun. They are all a lot of fun...and I am especially more aware of it now that I am fully recovered. I think illness comes around once in a while to remind us of how appreciative we should be for our good health. I know I take it for granted most days. I was happy today to even feel like cleaning the house and doing laundry. I was happy to feel like taking the kids out to play in the snow. Everything felt less like a chore and more like fun. For that and for my health, I'm very thankful today.
1 comment:
Hope you are feeling better! As I have found it is hard to stop being a mom when you are sick because no one else stops:) Makes being sick even more miserable!
Post a Comment