Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Birthday Wishes From Afar




















Today is our Nana's birthday. Last year we got to celebrate with her, but this year we just have to send hugs, kisses and wishes via the Internet. The magnetic "card" (AKA our dishwasher) was inspired by the only TSE child who can read and has been repeatedly destroyed by the most destructive of the TSE children (at the moment).





The recording studio part was much more successful than the photo cession part. I've decided that anyone who can photograph 2 or more children looking anything like they normally do (without threatening or shouting obscenities--even if these two things only hinder the process of having them look like they normally do--unless we are going for how they look the 50% of the time they are in trouble) can charge whatever amount they want to and deserve it. I will no longer balk at sitting fee prices once we are back in the land of English speaking photographers. Here are the outtakes (can I call them that if there are no good ones of all 3 kids?) and two videos of our trio singing "Happy Birthday" to their Nana. I couldn't decide between the two so I am posting both. If you are reading this and you are not Nana, you'll want to play just one because if you are not related, the two videos will probably appear identical (and perhaps self-indulgent), but we find them (and the previously posted performances) highly entertaining and appreciate the subtle differences.

Happy Birthday Nana (Mom)! As the card says, "We Love U" and we also miss you, but we only had so much room and so many letters.

Sending lots of birthday hugs, kisses and wishes your way.


(If you get a phone call today and hear a lot of crying, whining and screaming in the background, just check back here for these 3 fresher faces and cheerful voices on Sunday when they were not tired and hungry after a full day of school and swimming lessons, waiting on dinner and enduring an evening of just Mommy because Daddy had to go to Holland for some meetings).
(I'm trying not to think about the fact that it has been 7 months since you have seen these little faces in person and especially trying not to think about the fact that we still have 9 more months before you'll see them in person again).










1 comment:

Kat said...

Seeing the girls in matching oufits is so cute!! Yesterday was the first time I had bought Julia and baby (that needs a name) coordinating outfits. I am so excited to get a picture of that but I am sure on that day Julia won't want to wear that outfit:)

Happy bday aunt benny!

Little Tse Feet

Little Tse Feet