We watched the boat come in and it did look fairly
rough as it got close to the dock. Honestly, I had
no idea what we were getting into. Our sweet
friend, Tracy, with her history of motion sickness,
was slightly uneasy, but she still had no idea what
was about to happen. (She later said it was one of
the worst days of her life. Poor, sweet friend!)
Started out like a really fun roller coaster ride
for the kids. Choruses of "WHOA!", laughter
and smiles as they looked out the windows.
Here, Campbell appears to just begin to feel
a little like his mom felt almost from the very
beginning.
Before it was over, more than half of those on
board, were making use of the little plastic bags
handed out by the crew. All 6 of our little people,
were queasy and the 3 that aren't ours were
asleep before we reached the dock.
The dads went on deck to get some pictures and video.
No one was feeling quite right by the end. We
were out there for over an hour. As we got off of
ferry, crew members were waiting to dispose of
the plastic bags in a hurry. The waiting passengers
on the next ferry were as clueless as we had been
as we boarded. We were too busy trying to get off
as quickly as possible without touching anything
unpleasant on the way, to warn them.
This finished up our visit to Lisdoonvarna. The next day we drove back across Ireland for our return ferry to England. It was another full day of driving and we saw some of the most beautiful parts of the country during that drive. By this time, we were about done. We'd pointed out about as many cows and sheep in the green fields as our children cared to see. At the beginning of our trip, we got at least 2 and sometimes 3 responses to the scenic landmarks, by the end only Sarah was playing along, "I see the cow!" "I see the sheep!" They were all good sports. As I mentioned, it was a LOT of time in the car.
3 comments:
Small boats in rough seas = no fun! We have been on one large cruise with some pretty rough water and 1/2 the crew was even green - so that tells you something there! It looks like a beautiful place though!
ohh that is horrible!! I am amazed you all survived. I know my other half wouldn't have:)
sorry I know it must have been gross, but that is so very funny!
Post a Comment